The holiday shopping season is in full swing! Are you searching for a great gift for a teacher, friend, family member or child? How about giving them something that will help keep their teeth and gums healthy. Since the consumption of sugary holiday treats is inevitable, why not stuff your loved one’s stocking with gifts to combat tooth decay. Some great stocking stuffer ideas include: toothbrushes, toothpaste, dental floss, brushing timers, lip balm with SPF 15, xylitol gum and candies, whitening strips, gum chucks, or a water pik. Find something for everyone on your list:
- For children, a fun bucket or basket filled with a child-sized battery toothbrush, tubes of toothpaste, and fun dental stickers or tattoos would be an excellent choice.
- An electric toothbrush is a perfect gift idea for anyone including orthodontic patients. Or, if your loved one already has an electric toothbrush, they would be delighted to receive a package of refill brush heads.
- If you know someone who travels frequently or has a trip coming up after the holidays, they would certainly enjoy a gift bag filled with travel-sized toothpaste tubes, extra toothbrushes and floss, plus gum for the plane ride.
- The natural sweetener, Xylitol, also offers some great gift giving ideas for those looking for a healthy sugar alternative: get them a selection of Xylitol gum, mints, candies, mouthwash, toothpaste and more. All of these can be found at our office or any natural food store.
- Floss Picks – these nifty flossing gadgets usually come in a bag of 100 and are great for traveling and just having around the house when that unwanted piece of food gets stuck in the hard-to-reach areas.
- Whitening Kit – want professional results? At-home whitening kits from Lakeshore Dental will do the trick. More advanced than ever, they will leave your teeth glistening for the New Year!
These are just a few ideas among many other products out there. Hope this helps and enjoy a happy healthy holiday season!